Renew Wellbeing and Fitness is a bespoke wellbeing and fitness choice in Melbourne’s Bayside and Brighton areas. Founded by Wendy Goujon, and originally focussed on personal training, she brought health and wellbeing back into focus. With the ever increasing impact stress has on everyone, it became evident that exercise and movement were only part of solution. Even on rest days, having the body relax into a state that enables healing is often not possible.
Hence The Energy Doula was born.
We have an energy field that surrounds and permeates our body, also called our biofield. Our biofield connects all aspects of our being, from our physical body, to our emotions, to our mindset (both conscious and unconscious) and to our soul. Our experiences, negative mindsets and trauma, can leave dissonance in our biofield which, when left, may manifest physically. Through Biofield Tuning, Sound Healing and Meditation, the dissonance can be released allowing us to feel lighter, happier and increase our flow of energy.
The journey towards optimal health and wellbeing is different for everyone. From our physical body, to our emotions, to our mindset, to our environment, to our spirit, all these and more impact how we feel, how we move and the energy we have to flow with life.
Qualifications and Courses
- Biofield Tuning Practitioner
- Celestial Gateway Activations: Using Tuning Forks with Ancient Oriental Medicine
- Diploma in Meditation Therapy and Holistic Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Holistic Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Autonomic Nervous System Realignment Therapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Brain Body Medicine
- Post Graduate Certificate in Meditation fo Weight Management
- Certificate in Chair Yoga Instruction
- Foundation Certificate in Sound Healing
- McGill Methods High Performance Training: Progressing Backs from Pain to Performance
- McGill Methods Back Mechanic: Working with the Back Pained Client
- Anatomy Trains in Structure and Function
- Management of Rehabilitation of the Lumbar Disc Injured Client (Functional Strength Rehabilitation – Andrew Lock)
- Hypertrophy Academy (Canadian Center for Strength and Conditioning – André Benoit)
- Ultimate Nutrition Mentorship (Dan Garner)
- Muscle Nerds Foundation Course
- Nutritional Therapist
- Applied Muscle Testing Level 3 (Integrative Health and Fitness – Bob Guiel)
- Member of the International Institute of Complimentary Therapists
- Member of the International Meditation Teacher Training Association (IMTTA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology (University of Melbourne)
- PhD Engineering (RMIT)
- Bachelor of Manufacturing Engineering (RMIT)
- Master Rehab Trainer, Rehab Fx
- TRX, ViPR, Kettlebell Level 2
- Pre/Post Natal Training
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
- ASC Community Coaching – General Principles
- ASC Play by the Rules – Harassment and Discrimination
- TriActive Coach Training
- Poliquin BioSignature Modulation Level 2
- Poliquin Gut Health and Metabolic Performance
- Functional Trainer Certificate
- How to Train the Female Competitor
- BodyPump AIM2 Advanced
I first started training in gyms when I was 16. I was already playing netball and other sports, however, with asthma and injuries, I found it hard. Weight training seemed a good answer to replace my sports as I could rest, recover and still challenge myself. This became a better option for me after contracting glandular fever in year 12.
I was never the fat kid. This wasn’t my driver for change. My driver came from going to university and studying engineering and psychology. As the sole female in my engineering class, I decided that I really needed to look after myself. Late night classes and walking around the city at night sadly brings some realities to light. I decided I needed to be strong enough to protect myself. This is where my strength and fitness journey began.
I continued to train with various levels of commitment over the years. I even trained during the pregnancies of each of my kids. I trained to 38 weeks with my first, and 32 with my second. Even while suffering post natal depression after my second, I still trained with my trainer. It became my coping strategy, my time for me, just me. It got me out of the house, even when I had baby vomit down my back and didn’t realise. It truly was my sanity.
After my kids were old enough, I decided to re-enter the work force and my PT career began. With ongoing stress from some life events, my health started to deteriorate. I was sluggish, fatigued all the time, couldn’t sleep, trouble concentrating, etc. I became sick and tired of being sick and tired. This was about the time one of my kids was diagnosed with autism. My focus towards health and wellbeing began.
I started doing courses based on functional medicine. I started reading about nutrient therapy and how this helped those with autism. I learnt about how the body works and how nutrients are required to function optimally. I learned about adrenal fatigue, methylation, pyrroles, hormones, autoimmune disease, arthritis, epigenetics and more. The more I read and learned, the more I realised I didn’t know. The human body truly is bio-individual.
In 2014, as I was about to compete as a Fitness Model, I triggered what was thought to be an autoimmune disease (ended up being diagnosed as severe osteoarthritis in 2022). Within 3 months my body exploded with cortisol and I was dripping with stress. I overworked my adrenals and sent my hormones spiralling. I put on 8kg of body fat, I couldn’t eat solid food, I couldn’t train, I could barely walk and I became stagnant. It felt soul crushing. I reduced my training load and began to focus on getting my body working efficiently from the inside. The better I felt inside, the more I could manage outside. I cleaned up my nutrition, I took advice from respected practitioners, and slowly started to rebuild.
While I worked with the physical side, I didn’t work on the emotional side that came with it. I kept going, and eventually ended up with a significant hip injury that stopped me moving, literally overnight. Then 6 months later a heart procedure that really brought it home.
I really needed to change my mindset from believing my body was betraying to me, to understanding my body was loving me enough to tell me it needed help. I didn’t need to fight me, it was exhausting. The universe was clearly telling me to slow down and reflect. I needed to grieve the loss of what I was able to do and feel gratitude for what I could do. I needed to embrace the wisdom of the Crone. I followed the path to became a Meditation Therapist and a Holistic Counsellor, which then lead me to Sound Healing and eventually Biofield Tuning. I am forever grateful for this journey. We are more than our physical selves, we are our mindset, we are our emotions, we are the energy that permeates our body. Harnessing this energy empowers us to prioritise self care, embrace our inner strength and lead the life we authentically align with.
“Wendy is very relatable and works with you to achieve your goals. Her professionalism is second to none. I highly recommend her.”
“I felt so nourished”
“Holy Moly Wendy. Up this morning and NO vertigo at all!! You’re a genius!! Thank you so much”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Monday - Saturday
By appointment only
+61 407 554 006